Has it really been 3 months since I last updated the blog?
Hmm, nothing interesting to report really. What can I say…
- I’ve been incredibly busy at work, six day weeks and evening teleconferences galore. :-l
- We’ve finished re-decorating the living room, it looks great. :d
- Charlotte is a cheeky monkey. :(|)
- Sara’s sleep problems haven’t improved much. |-)
- My Land Rover is terminally ill, suspected head gasket failure. :((
- We’re having trouble with our tenant back in the UK. b-(
- Even though we now have Foxtel cable TV, we still download virtually everything we watch (except for the new series of Underbelly). We’re currently ploughing our way through seven seasons of The Shield, which we somehow missed when it originally aired. :-??
- I’m whizzing through plenty of books on my Kindle. Recent ones worth a mention:
- Memoirs of a Fruitcake, Chris Evans’s autobiography.
- Football: It’s a Minging Life, the autobiography of former Latics winger Rick Holden.
- Budgie, journeyman goalkeeper John Burridge’s autobiography.
- Clash of Kings, the second book in George RR Martin’s epic Game Of Thrones series.
- At Home by Bill Bryson, an amusing history of how home comforts have evolved.
- I bought a couple of new gadgets:
- A 7″ Android 2.3 Tablet ($99). When not being used as a SatNav, Charlotte loves playing Angry Birds on it. ~:>
- A HP Proliant Microserver ($199) which will be our new Home Theatre PC, running Windows Home Server 2011 and XBMC with 7TB of FlexRaid storage. :-b
- I took advantage of a sale by a local Logitech reseller and grabbed myself a Harmony 700 remote control and a replacement wireless mouse. :-@
I’ve put together this video clip out of photos taken whilst Sara and Charlotte were in England. Right click the link and choose “Save Target As” to download it (68Mb).