Owning a car can be very expensive. I sometimes wonder whether it’s worth it:
- Firstly the car insurance was due for renewal today (up by Â£60 to Â£510 this year due to me picking up a stupid speeding ticket a couple of months ago). ~X(
- The tax disc expires next week so that needs sorting out. Â£82.50 according to DVLA online. Edit: I’ve just renewed the tax disc online. What a great service that is. No more queuing up in the post office!
- It also needs new tyres: both the front ones are illegal and I’ve had a slow puncture in one of the back ones for over 18 months. Â£202 for four new Firestone TZ200s, purchased online, to be fitted in Bury on Thursday. 🙁
- I think it needs brake pads too. Hopefully I haven’t left it too late and damaged the discs. Â£60 maybe, if I’m lucky. [-o<
- It’s due it’s second service. Not sure where I’m taking it yet, since Blackfriar’s Honda in Manchester has closed down and I don’t like going to Pennine Honda in Rochdale. Maybe I’ll take it to Pennine in Ashton but it’s bound to cost Â£100 or so.
Good job it’s pay day on Friday. >:p