I’m in the process of updating the blog. Apologies if you receive strange emails: I’ll temporarily disable notifications until everything is back in action.
Things to do:
– Take a backup
– Upgrade WordPress from version 2.0 to 3.04
– Temporarily disable subscriptions
– Strip out all outdated plug-ins
– Re-add custom smileys
– Install new photo gallery plug-in
– Rebuild photo galleries
– Make new logo/image for the blog header
– Check old content still works, remove dead hyperlinks
– Re-enable subscriptions
Edit: I’m off to Sydney so I’ll have to carry on with this when I get back on Wednesday.
Edit II: Well I’m back from Sydney — it was incredibly hot (42Â°C). I’ve made a start of the photo galleries but it’s going to take a while to sort through the thousands of badly-named images and put them into some kind of order. I’ll keep plugging away.
Edit III: I’m still going. Most photo galleries are now back in action.
Edit IV: That’ll do. If you come across anything broken/missing let me know.
Happy Halloween, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and all that. <:-p
Apologies for the lack of posts over the past few months, but with Sara keeping everyone updated regularly via Facebook, I didn't think about the blog much. :">
However I realise a few of you, like me, don’t really bother with Facebook so here’s a summary of what’s been going on:
- We finally started on the house renovations, turning the dingy basement workshop into a colourful playroom for Charlotte. I will blog separately about this, with photos soon — I promise. :-“
- The festive period came and went: Christmas Day was held at John & Marion’s, with Boxing Day and New Year’s Eve at our house. The weather was great and the barbecues were excellent, but somehow sunny Christmases just don’t feel the same. We’ll have to think about doing something different in 2011. =((
- Charlotte really enjoyed Christmas though. It was special this year because she’s at an age where she understands it a little better and could get excited by the build-up: writing her letter to Father Christmas, decorating the tree, opening the advent calendar each morning, leaving milk and cookies out for Santa and the reindeer. Not to mention opening the bazillion presents she received from family and friends. 😡
- Our swimming pool still resembles a swamp, as I haven’t ran the pump at all this year and the chlorinator is broken. Even the ducks have stopped coming to crap in it, which suits the frogs fine. With half a dozen great public outdoor pools within a 10 minute drive, I don’t see much point in throwing money at this problem so we’re considering filling it in and laying a lawn over it. >:p
- Work is much the same, although people haven’t been mentioning the cricket as much recently for some reason. 😉
- Football wise, I’ve never seen United play so badly over such a long period and yet somehow they remain unbeaten and top of the league. I’m surprised we’re still waiting for City to implode in comedy style, it’s surely only a matter of time. =))
- We were umming and aahing about whether to have a holiday back in the UK next year, but then Sara managed to get hold of some Take That tickets for Manchester and the decision was made. She’ll be flying out the week before Easter with Charlotte and staying for about 7 weeks; I’ll be going to Germany on a business trip and then joining up with them, just for a week, in May. This will be the first time either of us has flown on an A380 aircraft and, typically, Qantas has recently had a number of mid-air dramas. :-ss
I’ve put together another video clip of photos taken since last time I blogged. Right-click and choose â€œSave Target Asâ€ on this link to download the movie (39 Mb).
A bit of feedback would be appreciated, to let me know whether people are still actually reading the blog. So please leave a comment if you’re still following this website, otherwise I’ll probably have to learn how to use Facebook instead. :-h